- Captain's Row (100 block of Prince Street)--Dating from the 1700s where sea captains once built their homes, this picturesque cobblestone block lined with historic Federal-style rowhouses is the perfect place for a quiet romantic stroll. It has also seen its fair share of the down-on-one-knee declaration of love.
- The Waterfront at Founders Park (351 N. Union Street)--This peaceful riverside park is a popular green space where you can enjoy a stroll along the scenic river and roll out a blanket for a romantic picnic.
- Observation Deck at Masonic Memorial (101 Callahan Drive)--Let your love take you higher to the ninth floor of George Washington Masonic National Memorial where you'll get stunning 360-degree views of the historic Alexandria. From your perch, you can also enjoy the sunset with your sweetheart.
- Lighthouse at Jones Point Park (1 Jones Point Drive)-- If you want a more secluded romantic interlude, hop on a bike head south along the Potomac to Jones Point Park. Here you'll find the last remaining riverine lighthouse in Virginia with all its charm still there.
- On a boat cruise(Potomac Riverboat Company: 205 The Strand, Nina’s Dandy: Zero Prince Street)--If you are one for grand romantic gestures, this one is just perfect for you. Set sail at sunset to gaze at DC monuments on the horizon and enjoy an evening of gourmet dining and dancing under the stars. I mean what's more romantic than that?
Alexandria has some of the most romantic places in the DC area, in fact, Amazon ranked it #1 most romantic city in the country. So whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or for the perfect place to pop the question, here are some romantic spots ideas that you'll love.