The first step for us to spot the right lessee is to broadcast its availability to the widest-possible audience.
Most renters identify rentals through a combination of:
- scoping out the condition of rental homes when they take a closer look at them
- studying data and pictures on the Internet
In addition to renters finding us, Nesbitt Realty & Management also seeks tenants through:
- Internet web searches
- State Department bulletin boards
- other Real Estate Rental Specialists
- our local Multiple Listing Service
And more. Our rental marketing strategy relies upon several fundamentals:
- Rent Prep – The well-situated properties, priced well, will not rent quickly if they are not in ideal appearance. Properties must show well to rent in a timely fashion . Your terrific Nesbitt Realty licensed real estate adviser makes sure your investment place is presented in a clean and attractive condition to catch the attention of a good, qualified renter.
- Referrals – Our award-winning real estate company regularly receives referrals from our current and past renters, friends of our renters, and from other Realtors in Alexandria.
- REALTOR® Network– Nesbitt Realty has relationships with area REALTORS® and we ourselves are REALTORS®. Not every real estate agent in Virginia has this valuable affiliation. Our rental homes lease faster because of our access to the REALTOR® network.
Nesbitt concentrates on residential rental property in 22303 in Alexandria. To learn more about the full-list of what we do, contact an agent today. We are fully authorized to manage investment dwelling in Virginia state, and we have all necessary licenses and accreditation. .
Nesbitt has these important affiliations:
Read more about Nesbitt Realty's about rental property management services in 22303 in Fairfax County
- Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
- Better Business Bureau
- Virginia Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
- National Association of Residential Property Managers
$2,500 — 2 bed — 2 bath — 0 half-bath — 1,167 sqft — Alexandria 22303
If you’ve never used a property manager before, you’ll probably want to learn as much as possible about the process and what exactly property managers do. In the broadest sense, here’s what all property managers do (or promise to do):
- Collect the rents. Put the rents into an escrow account. Disburse funds to pay bills, income to the landlord and fees to the property management company.
- Keep a record of all money and receipts and furnish that record on a regular basis to the landlord.
- Deal with HOA/COA.
- Manage tenant relations including maintenance requests, late fee notices. Deal with a laundry list of tenant problems: unauthorized guests, unauthorized pets, parking issues, tenant cleanliness, noise violations, neighbor complaints, etc. If necessary we manage the process of prosecuting actions to evict Tenants.
- Ensure compliance with state laws, local ordinances, licensing requirements, association rules, Fair Housing laws, insurance requirements, IRS requirements.
- Manage and dispatch handymen as needed.
- Inspect the property at the time of move-in at the time of move-out and from time-to-time during tenancy.
Money in general does not flow from the landlord to the property manager. Money flows from the tenant to the property manager to the landlord. Fees and commissions are withheld from collected rents.
Our standard agreement is a one year term, but either party can terminate the arrangement with 30 days notice.
The next step is to learn a little more about what differentiates us from other property managers.
[Learn more about our property management services now.